Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Deconstructed Caprese Salad

I love the taste of a good Caprese salad, but I always hated the way it is presented. I have done it in layers, in form of a tower, etc, etc... I think the way I did it this time is the one I like best.


Deconstructed Caprese Salad

Ingredients:
A bunch of tomatoes, mixed, any size, color, and kind.
1 small bunch basil.
1 small bunch purple basil.
Sea salt.
Freshly ground black pepper.
Dried cracked chili pepper.
2 to 4 buffalo mozzarella balls.
Olive oil.
Sherry vinegar.

Method:
1. Chop the tomatoes in different sizes and ways. Put them into a bowl, add the salt and let them rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Add basil, olive oil, vinegar, and pepper to the tomatoes and toss to mix.
3. On a plate, place the mozzarella on one side, sprinkle some cracked chili pepper on top and garnish with a couple of basil leafs. Drizzle with some olive oil. Place the tomatoes by the mozzarella and serve right away.

Enjoy! The Fat Guy.

2 comments:

  1. Creative way to serve a classic dish! I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love caprese salads and love em even more in my sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete