Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fior Di Zucca

My pumpkin plants have given me too many flowers this fall. I got tired of frying them, baking them, making risottos, etc, so, I used them to make something really easy and actually quite tasty.

I was starting the Sunday barbeque one morning, and realized I had many flowers in my plant (which is right behind my barbeque), and had just bought some bocconcino mozzarella in the store. I made an appetizer, a pre-barbeque bite…


Pumpkin Flower Wrapped Bocconcino

Ingredients:
2 Butternut squash flowers or 3 Zucchini flowers.
1 dozen bocconcino mozzarella.
Olive oil.
Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Toothpicks.
Some basil to add color to the plate.

Method:
Divide the flowers in petals. Wrap each bocconcino with one petal and secure it with a toothpick. Drizzle some olive oil on top and season with salt and pepper. Eat up!

Cheers! The Fat Guy.

My Flowers

4 comments:

  1. Hi El Gordo,

    Brilliant idea to wrap mozzarella with the pumpkin flowers..Thanks for sharing this recipe. Great one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful...and certainly delicious. I wish I was blessed with my own garden...I'm planning on starting one this summer. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks easy and tasty! And so pretty too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love zucchini flowers, have never used pumpkin flowers but they have to be about the same..... great use of yours....thats thinking outside the box!!

    ReplyDelete